Kiewit Corporation Sr Estimator- Kiewit Building Group in Washington, District Of Columbia
Requisition ID: 107455
Job Level: Senior Level
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Sr Estimator, you will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and interpreting Contract Documents (specifications, drawings, and reference information) to develop detailed, comprehensive cost estimates for various projects throughout Kiewit's markets. Also able to make assumptions based on experience with detailed plans are not provided and front end estimating is performed based on conceptual level designs.
Kiewit Building Group specializes in constructing office buildings, industrial complexes, education and sports facilities, hotels, hospitals, transportation terminals, science and technology facilities, manufacturing, retail and special-use facilities and extensive interior construction with tenant improvements. Its capabilities include general construction, construction management, design-build, design-assist and turn-key project development. Kiewit also provides fast, accurate preconstruction project management services.
This position will be based out of Washington, D.C metro area and typically requires less than 20 percent travel across the United States. This is a shared service environment in a professional office setting.
• Develop and lead estimates for vertical building work. Both Federal and Commercial projects.
• Supervise estimators in the preparation of estimates for the projects. Work with other estimating groups to prepare a complete estimate. Work with Joint Venture partners to determine completeness of data used, procedures, and aid in resolving differences in bid items.
• Review owner plans and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project; develop plan for the actual construction to serve as basis for the estimate.
• Complete understanding of Kiewit’s Estimating Program – In Eight Estimate
• Reviews all sub bids and contract documents. The ability to scope out and discus with subcontractors and vendors for estimating projects.
• Ability to communication and work with Senior Leadership during estimate reviews.
• Conduct site investigation prior to forming a plan of operations to identify any problems or conditions of an unusual nature that may be present.
• Utilize estimating techniques to implement standard company policy and procedures.
• Stay abreast of trends and developments, such as new equipment, methods and procedures that are developing in the industry.
• Consult with owners and designers on various problems discovered during bid preparation, design documents, schedules, etc.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in construction management, mechanical, electrical, civil or construction-related technology
• A minimum of 8 years of related experience
• Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience with vertical building construction.
• Exceptionally strong attention to detail, communication, interpersonal.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Ability to acquire TS clearance is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.