Kiewit Corporation Superintendent - Heavy Civil in Seattle, Washington
Requisition ID: 153740
Job Level: Senior Level
Home District/Group: Southwest District
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Superintendent, you will be exposed to a variety of field activities in order to develop your understanding of construction supervision. During your first few years you can expect to spend time learning and working on shop drawings, submittals, schedules, craft supervision, and project documentation. While learning these things you will have the opportunity to travel the country building complex projects that make a profound impact on communities. We are looking for people committed to the construction industry and not design.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit Southwest District specializes in heavy civil, transportation and water projects, we typically self-perform a large portion of the work. We self-perform work such as mass grading, drainage, PCCP paving, utilities and more. We are looking for people committed to the construction industry with safety, quality, costs and schedule in mind.
Various locations needed
Los Angeles, CA
• Provide supervisory direction of craft workers via the general foreman and foreman, managing the performance of productivity, safety, quality and schedule adherence
• Liaison between field engineering and craft to ensure compliance of construction drawings and specifications
• Coordinate and interface effectively with other superintendents and subcontractors, as well as Kiewit staff personnel and leadership to ensure smooth workflow and schedule adherence
• Resolve employee conflicts, grievances, and scheduling difficulties, informing project and corporate management as appropriate
• Assist in schedule planning, determining craft labor levels, material quantities, and equipment requirements
• Ensure project rules, procedures and programs are followed consistently, including those involving safety, attendance, and workplace behavior standards as reflected in Company’s non-harassment and nondiscrimination policies
• Do you have a minimum of 5 years of Heavy Civil Construction experience in a Supervisory role with a preference on transportation related projects? Track experience preferred
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field preferred
• Previous knowledge/experience in a Heavy Civil Construction setting required
• Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, union agreements and jurisdictional issues, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, engineering drawings and other documents
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently supervise and evaluate craft performance
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.