Kiewit Corporation Estimating Manager- Kiewit Building Group in Fort Mcnair, District Of Columbia
Requisition ID: 107452
Job Level: Senior Level
Employment Type: Full Time
As an Estimating Manager, you will lead various estimates up to $100 million specifically for vertical commercial projects in the markets of higher education, government, healthcare, and general commercial building.
Kiewit Building Group specializes in constructing office buildings, industrial complexes, education and sports facilities, hotels, hospitals, transportation terminals, science and technology facilities, manufacturing, retail and special-use facilities and extensive interior construction with tenant improvements. Its capabilities include general construction, construction management, design-build, design-assist and turn-key project development. Kiewit also provides fast, accurate preconstruction project management services.
This position will be based out of Washington, D.C metro area and typically requires less than 20 percent travel across the United States. This is a shared service environment in a professional office setting.
• Lead estimates; arrange and coordinate second estimates, maintain past cost history and comparable details, subcontractor outreach.
• Lead and manage estimate reviews and bid submittals; manage the pursuit estimating staff.
• Provide estimating support for numerous projects, perform quantity takeoffs and solicit, evaluate and incorporate vendor or manufacturer material and subcontract pricing.
• Prepare recaps, pricing sheets, bid forms and other proposal documents for in-house review and bid submittal.
• Become proficient in Kiewit’s estimate program: In Eight Estimate.
• Implement district estimating programs, management reviews and activities. Includes implementing company policies and procedures.
• Coordinate with the marketing, business development group in the preparation of proposal documents.
• Implement district training program for estimating staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering with an emphasis in construction management, or engineering preferred
• At least 8 years’ estimating experience in building/vertical estimating practices or similar industry.
• Strong work ethic and interpersonal, organization and leadership skills
• Communication skills both in person and virtual.
• Ability to work on a team as well as work independently with little or no supervision
• Experience with standard office computer software
• Results oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
• Ability to travel and relocate as company needs dictate
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.