Kiewit Corporation Document Controller in Burnaby, Canada
Requisition ID: 111059
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Business Management
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Document Controller you will manage document control duties with minimal supervision. You will be responsible for establishing document flow and distribution at a job site. Collecting and logging in of all contract documents and project documentation from bid phase through project completion. Reproducing, distributing, storing, and retrieving of documentation.
Kiewit’s Western Canada District is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, transportation, roadways, bridges, water resources, and underground utilities. We are looking for hard working individuals with a passion for construction who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty! Our current opportunities are spread across the entire west coast of Canada.
This position will be based in Burnaby, BC.
• Understands and complies with Document Control Policies and verification checklists.
• Working knowledge of disciplines (pipe, electrical and mechanical) and related drawings. Ability to recognize and read a drawing with no labels by type.
• Capable of folding and storing CAD drawings according to standard.
• Control and stamping of Master sticks and duplicates.
• Establish engineering/document files in accordance with records retention and PFIS controls and standards. Knowledge of each document type in PFIS folders.
• Basic understanding of document types; including but not limited to:
o Equipment lists
o Bills of Material
o Design change notices
o Requests for information
o Letters, memos, transmittals, faxes
o Client and Joint Venture contract
o Manufacturer’s literature
• Basic understanding of standard engineering practices.
• Receive, log, file and distribute all engineering documents based on a pre-determined performance standard.
• Generation and distribution of Daily publications and reports.
• Capable of prioritizing work independently.
• Working knowledge of internal audit procedures on document control.
• Collection of old version drawings.
• Responsible for Master I & O (Instruction and Operations) manual.
• Assembly and compilation of client turnover package per client requirements.
• Working knowledge of prolog.
• Maintains electronic correspondence file structure.
Supplies and Reproduction Equipment:
• Responsible for setting up and maintaining supplies for Document Control department.
• Responsible for the blue line/black line machine, scanners, control filing cabinets, wall files, binders, folding tables, drawing racks and any other required support.
• Four years of post-high school education or equivalent combinations of training and experience.
• Basic aptitude in communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of Excel, Word, e-mail and Intranet.
• Working knowledge of document control procedures.
• Working knowledge of Prolog, Sharepoint, and Teambinder
• Working knowledge of filing and record retention systems.
• Willing to perform a variety of tasks and learn new skills
• Ability to travel to job sites for short trips
• Basic business knowledge (Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable etc.)
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.