Kiewit Corporation Roadway Design Engineer, Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Bellevue, Washington
Requisition ID: 141920
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Are you ready for a new challenges and opportunities for innovation? Why not work for one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations? Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Roadway Engineer in our growing Design Engineering Services (DES) Group. We will be opening a new office in Bellevue, WA as we continue to expand our Transportation Design team. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, and is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
ENR released its 2022 Top 400 Contractor rankings. Kiewit ranks No. 3!
• No. 1 - Domestic Heavy
• No. 1 - Petroleum
• No. 1 - Transportation
• No. 2 - Power
• No. 4 - Working Abroad
• No. 20 - Domestic Building / Manufacturing
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This role is temporarily based out of our Federal Way office until our Bellevue office opens. We offer relocation assistance to candidates seeking to move to the area.
• Develop innovative technical designs and Design leadership as a Task Manager for Civil/Roadway disciplines on major design-build projects
• Supervise design engineers/designers and interface with our other engineering disciplines and construction teams
• Provide oversight and direction to the design of complex projects from the pursuit phase through final design into construction
• Direct activities of multiple disciplines
• Serve as subject matter expert within the Civil/Roadway discipline
• Manage design budgets including preparation of fee estimates, earned-value assessments and corrective actions
• Evaluate staff capabilities and staffing requirements. Develop, implement, and manage staffing plans
• Promote staff development through training, mentoring, and career planning
• Prepare and implement quality management plans
4+ years of civil / highway design experience with an emphasis on design-build projects
BS in Civil Engineering
Must be registered as a Professional Engineer
Experience designing civil/highway infrastructure and some experience leading other engineers/designers and interest in developing your career as a leader of teams.
Some Design-build delivery experience is a PLUS
Understanding of CADD platforms and their application to design
Experience developing construction plans for transportation projects
Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.